Apr 9, 2012

One million metres


Yesterday I swam my millionth metre since training started back in September. That's Cork to Dublin and back. Twice. Like most swimmers I keep a log of how much I am swimming - a very useful document to track how much I've done, and how much I need to do in order to meet the training program. Passing the million metre mark is a nice boost to morale, and it's interesting looking back on the training done so far - all 'money in the bank' for the big swim in July. In general, training effort increased as a monthly coaching review meeting drew closer, and sea swim times expanded and contracted in harmony with the sea temperatures. Sea swimming continued almost every weekend through the winter. Sea swims are a rough estimation in distance, but here are some stats from the past seven months -

o Number of days - 221
o Days in the sea - 42
o Days in the pool - 142
o Metres in the sea - 52,000
o Metres in the pool - 948,000
o Pool lengths swum - 37,920

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Paraic! That is a lot of metres in anyone's book! You'll be minted come July :-)

    ReplyDelete