Apr 1, 2012

100 days to go


Today is an interesting day. There are now one hundred days left to the start of my Channel tide of 10-18 July. That's just over 14 weeks. It's unlikely that I will swim on the first day, as I am number 4 on my pilot's list of swimmers for that tide, and you never know what the weather and swim conditions will be like, but at the same time, who knows? It's just as likely that the weather will be perfect, someone may pull out between now and then, or the swimmers on the list in front of me may choose to let me go first. So, I may after all be swimming in 100 days' time - a sobering thought. After 8 months of hard training the goal is in sight, the weather is improving, the sea is getting warmer, and the end of pool swimming and chlorine-filled lungs is within reach. It's all good..

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm a bit late for this, but you should throw a "100 day party"! You could do 100 lengths, 100 star jumps, take a nap for 100 minutes, eat 100 jellies... Ask Riana for ideas ;)

    ReplyDelete