Jul 19, 2012

The Swim is On


News
At last the end is in sight.  The weather is gradually settling down, the sun is coming out, but most importantly, the wind is dying down.  I talked to my pilot Paul Foreman and I will swim most likely at 9am Saturday morning, the 21st July.  He is taking a relay out Friday morning, and if they are delayed, then my swim will be delayed. I will know at about 9pm Friday night.

Crew
In the meantime, Liam & Lisa are flying into London tomorrow and will be in Dover at 4pm. Along with Riana, they make up a super-crew that I know will support me all the way, and if necessary throw things at me if I whinge or slow up. They will also be doing the very important updating of the Twitter machine so that you can keep track of progress.

How do I follow the swim?
The boat has ShipAIS tracking, which updates constantly during the swim.  Click here, and then scroll down to the map and enter Dover for the port, and Pace Arrow for the vessel.

You can follow messages on the Twitter feed on this blog site, or directly here.

Thanks
Thank you everybody for your great support and encouragement. I will do my best to get in touch with you all, but there will be too many things to do in the coming days, so I won't be able to respond immediately, sorry!  After long months of hard training I have travelled an amazing and sometimes difficult road -  I am looking forward to giving it a real shot on Saturday - to just keep swimming until I hit France...

4 comments:

  1. We'll all be there in spirit with you. And on the Twitter machine! You will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's all very exciting!! Would love to be there! The very best of luck Paraic, enjoy the swim; you have trained so hard & put so much effort into this, now enjoy the whole experience! Supporting you all the way to France!
    Bonne chance!!
    #GoParaicGo !!!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super news! We will be following you from up north!!
    Sylvain & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Go Go . . . the Dubs will be willing you on.
    Voyage sûr et rapide !!

    ReplyDelete